In 2014, Gauri Shinde took off to New York to script her next film – a hatke story on love.
The filmmaker’s debut hit, English Vinglish, had marked the comeback of Ms Hawa Hawai, Sridevi, and her yet-to-be-titled next, has a one-of-a-kind jodi in the lead. “It’s a different, beautiful story about love. You cannot call it a love story, because Shah Rukh and Alia are not opposite each other. Shah Rukh is too old to be Alia’s lover,” a source close to the development told Mirror.
Gauri had decided to roll with her film in May, but the filmmaker was warned against strenuous activities owing to her slip disk. She had even been hospitalised (Mirror, June 9) during the pre-production stage. “I have been down with a partial slipped disc… And no, I haven’t finished the casting of my film yet,” Gauri had revealed.
But on Wednesday evening, the director was up and about, escorting Alia to her car after an hour-long meeting at her Khar office, which is also the workplace of her husband, R Balki, who is presently filming Ki and Ka with Kareena Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor. “It was an hour-long meeting that ended at 4pm. This was the first meeting between the two, after the actress returned from her recent stint in London with sister, Shaheen,” says the source.
Meanwhile, Balki too is completely involved in the pre-production of the film. “Even though the casting of the leads is complete, there is still a pending requirement,” the source points out, adding that the unit is now in search of the perfect actress to do a special appearance in the film.
Buzz was the film follows the journey of a young girl who dates three men in her life and with each new relationship, discovers a new perspective on life. The makers were keen to cast Katrina Kaif in the film, but decided to go ahead with a younger actress. “She’s young, lively and fabulous.
You’ll have to wait and watch,” the source adds.
The film rolls by the end of the year.
Raj-Simran, Rahul-Anjali…agree it, none of us can EVER get enough of these two…
It definitely wouldn’t be wrong to declare Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol as the King and Queen of romance. Their chemistry is something which cannot be recreated by any other couple in the industry. Not even Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan, who tried doing it in Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania. So now that SRK and Kajol are back together with Rohit Shetty’s Dilwale, we have been wondering what is that one thing which still keeps their romance so afresh? Especially after looking at the evergreen picture from the sets of Dilwale. How does everything look SO perfect the minute Raj and Simran stand next to each other? Well, SRK has an answer to this…
In a recent interaction with a leading daily, the superstar elated on his much-in-love chemistry with Kajol. Here are 5 confessions he quoted:
• Kajol is a lot like me; she only takes up something when she is really happy doing it, which is a fantastic space to be in.
• While shooting for Rohit’s film, we (Kajol and I) were chatting about how we have no idea how all our films have worked. We didn’t know Raj and Simran, Rahul and Anjali, Rizwan and Mandira would go on to become that big. We just do our jobs naturally.
• When we are on the set, we never have a conversation about how important we are as an on-screen couple and that we have to recreate our magic.
• When I put that first picture out(of Kajol and him on Twitter), we were nervous. You don’t want to let down the legacy. But everyone was so excited when they saw the picture which made me happy.
• I want to thank everyone including the media who have talked about us in such a nice way. Anyway, there’s nothing bad to talk about me and Kajol. But to talk with so much love is very encouraging. Now we’ll try our best to make our film look nice.
Well, this again has only peaked our interest around Dilwale a lot further, how about you?